Enjoy the fragrance from the cinnamon, bay leaves and all spice while slow-cooking this Greek classic. The meat will melt in your mouth.
The ingredient of Goat stifado
- 1.9kg goat leg, deboned, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato epoxy resin
- 1 tsp dome allspice
- 1kg baby onions, peeled (see Note)
- Mashed potato, steamed green beans, to help
- buoyant flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to sprinkle
The instruction how to make Goat stifado
- Place goat, wine, chopped onion, garlic, cinnamon and bay leaves in a large glass bowl. Chill, covered, for 4 hours or overnight.
- Strain goat on top of higher than a large bowl. Pat dry goat considering paper towel. Reserve marinade and onion mixture. Place flour vis-u00d0u00b0-vis a large plate and season. Toss goat in a seasoned flour to coat and shake off excess.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C or 160u00b0C fan-force.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan higher than medium-high heat. Cook goat in 4 batches (adding 2 teaspoons of oil for each batch), for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same pan beyond medium heat. Cook onion mixture, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add marinade and bring to the boil, scrapping base to forgiveness any brown bits. Gently boil for 3 minutes or until halved. Add tomato paste, all spice and 1 cup water. trouble until smooth. Return goat to pan as soon as any juices. Bring to the boil. Cook, covered, in oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan higher than medium-high heat. Cook baby onions, stirring, for 10 minutes or until golden. increase be credited with onions to goat and cook, covered, in oven for choice 1 hour or until goat is tender.
- Sprinkle gone parsley and encourage like mashed potatoes and green beans.
Nutritions of Goat stifadocalories: 535.36 calories
fatContent: 15.8 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 3.4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 18.8 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 6.9 grams sugar
proteinContent: 66.6 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 178 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 217 milligrams sodium