Give traditional Japanese soup extra depth and flavour with smoked salmon and pickled ginger.
The ingredient of Asparagus and tofu miso soup
- 3 cups fish stock
- 4 cups water
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4
- 300g silken tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
The instruction how to make Asparagus and tofu miso soup
- Place stock, water and ginger into a large saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Remove 1/4 cup of hot stock mixture to a heatproof jug. Add miso paste. Stir until smooth and well combined. Add miso mixture to saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and tofu to saucepan. Simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes, or until asparagus turns bright green. Ladle soup into bowls. Finely shred salmon. Arrange salmon and ginger on top of soup. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Asparagus and tofu miso soupcalories: 200.043 calories
fatContent: 9 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 5 grams sugar
proteinContent: 19 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 12 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1774.3 milligrams sodium